Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I'm Not Nic Nichols, I am Nic Nichols!


Every once in a while I get an email saying just how much someone loves my work in National Geographic, and that they cannot believe that I would go to such lengths to get an image... Well, I wish I could take credit for that, but that was another Nic Nichols. His real name is Michael, and he has been an idol of mine since I first picked a camera up- not because we share the same name, but because he is one of the greatest photographers to ever pack his bags and head into the jungle. Have a good look at his work here: I am certain that you will recognize the photos once you have seen them... (* on a side note, 1. My real first name is not Nic, I am a 'fourth' and we have all been called Nic, since 1886. 2. I am not a motivational speaker, but if I was, I would sure be Nick Nichols!)

Aside from that, thanks for all of your emails, really. Even the odd ones are amusing. Cheers to all my mates in London who remembered the May Day Riots.. Thanks to Juxtapoz magazine for giving me a feature, and to PixelSurgeon as well.

If you would like to purchase one of the limited 2007 print series, contact Irisf64, who will be representing me on all online print sales. Thanks to Brent and Trevor for taking me on!

And if you are wondering about the image up there.. well, I started a new long term project on Delaware's Route 13- and trust me, it's a shithole! Hookers, Used Cars, Junkyards, and that was just the first morning.. check back soon for part one of the photos and essay.

No comments: